Saturday, April 9, 2016

A Cyclist to Emulate


One of my Facebook friends (an old friend from university days) recently posted this story from Pakistan. As soon as I saw him riding his bike, my interest was piqued. Now, of course I know he probably cycles out of necessity, not as a choice, but he makes it look like a perfectly normal mode of transportation -- which, duh, it is.

The Al-Jazeera story about this man, Master Ayub, is so inspiring.

I think my favourite line from the story is this one: “My family were staying in the village and I was here in the city alone, so I wanted to do something in my spare time that would be of some use,” Ayub told Al Jazeera.

Too many men on their own in the big city would find other ways to pass the time; this guy starts a school for poor children. Awesome!!

No comments: