Thursday, July 3, 2014

River Valley Ride

 Another evening of riding in our beautiful, amazing River Valley. In preparation for riding in San Francisco later this month, Hubby and I rode just over 42 km, from our parking spot in Callingwood to Wayne Gretzky Drive, mostly on trails. 
It was about 27 degrees and sunny, but in the valley you don't notice the heat. It was also rather windy, but in the valley you don't notice the wind. 
In other words, the valley is pretty much the perfect place to ride.


 And of course, you come out of the valley and all around are views like these.
We ate at Old Spaghetti Factory. It is not my favourite place, but -- as Paddington Bear would say -- it is very good value indeed. 

From there we rode back to the car on the city streets and at one point I thought I'd died and gone to cyclists' heaven. But no, it was just Stony Plain Road with new pavement. I think someone who counts heard my cries of anguish as I rode over all those cracks and crevices and puddles and ridges and other bone-jarring stuff during the past three years. I never like to think about winter when the weather is like this, but I have to say that I feel like I have something to look forward to. 

No comments: