Monday, May 19, 2014

Sunday evening ride a.k.a. the family bike ride

Yesterday after supper and a game or two of Yahtzee, Oldest Son and his girlfriend surprised me by suggesting a family bike ride. They had even come prepared, with cycling clothing and helmets. 

Well, it was getting late, but of course I couldn't say no. So we set off -- Oldest Son on Youngest Son's road bike, Hubby on his almost-new bike, Fourth Son on my road bike, Girlfriend on my Vita (with the noisy brakes) and me on my step-thru. We were a pretty motley crew, but we headed for the hills north of town, rode until it started getting dark, then turned around and headed home, taking the trails for the last stretch. It was a fairly short ride -- about 20K -- but fun. We all agreed that we'd like to do it more often.

It's times like this when I'm proved right in my belief that it's nice to have some extra bikes lying around. 

It was about 20C, with a brisk southeast wind. The sun was setting behind a bank of clouds as we rode north -- a beautiful and fun evening.

No comments: