Saturday, April 26, 2014

spring has sprung

Finally, it seems, we have spring. It took its time coming this year, but I think it's here at last. 

Easter weekend was cold and snowy, but Easter Monday was not too bad. I rode the country roads north of town for about 90 minutes before my feet got too cold and I had to head home. 

It was about +10 C, a bit breezy and mostly sunny. I used my clip-in shoes for the first time this year. Of course, as I started out I had visions of embarrassing and painful falls at red lights or stop signs, but apparently riding clipless is sort of like riding a bike: you don't forget how to do it.  Whew!

As I approached Muir Lake, a couple of deer ran across the road in front of me, stopping briefly before entering the woods. And finally, a few ducks have taken up residence on the ponds. 

Pussy willows were in evidence along one section of road.

But mostly it looks like this:

No comments: