Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring has sprung

Time off this week, and perfect weather, with above-zero temps and sunshine in the forecast.

Today it's about +6 and sunny, so I went for a ride on the trails around town. 13 km means I cover all the main trails, some parts a couple of times. There's also one stretch on the road by the golf course. On that stretch I was riding west and really felt the wind. But it's a warm wind and is helping to dry up the puddles, so I won't complain. 

There are plenty of puddles. I actually had to stop and back up out of one; it was simply too deep and had too much ice under the water. My boots got covered with mud spatter and my socks were soaked.

I stopped off at Safeway for some grapefruit and strawberries. My grapefruit-a-day habit paid off again this winter, as I didn't get any colds or flu, so I need to keep a steady supply. And I'm glad to see strawberries in season again.

Before I left for my bike ride, Maggie was begging to go for a walk, and the minute I showed up at the side door with my bike, she was on my case asking to go. So I took her for a 5 km walk.

Now it's back to the coursework for my Test Prep class -- slowly but surely I'm getting the assignments finished. My goal is to finish off the course this week. Then next time I have a week off (in May), maybe I can go travelling.

No comments: