Saturday, January 18, 2014

front fenders required

I think it's time to install a front fender. I had one put on my bike when I first got it ready for winter, but the Bike Shop Guys didn't quite get the whole ride-your-bike-in-winter thing, and the fender fell off and broke the second time I rode down an icy, bumpy back alley. From that day forward, everything was frozen and white, so that fenders were not an issue. But the recent thawing has changed all that. Enough with the spattered face and glasses. 

Time for a trip to the bike shop to buy a new fender. I'll make sure they put it on properly this time!

Yesterday I rode to the library and then to Superstore. It was a fast ride on mostly clear trails. City streets are still a bit icy, but better than they have been. 

There's nothing quite like Spring in January to make a happy cyclist!

Yesterday I got the Keep Calm and Pedal On T-shirt that Son #4 ordered for me for Christmas, in my favourite pink. Now all I need is a warm sunny day so I can wear it for riding.

No comments: