Friday, November 1, 2013

blown away

My 9K ride back to the car yesterday was an adventure. Winds of 40-60 km/hour are no joke, I discovered while facing west as I waited at a red light. I was literally blown backwards and had to fight to stay in place. It was also raining fairly steadily -- so much that I actually took time to pull over, dig out my rain pants and put them on over my work pants.  

As I rode west, at times I felt as if I was barely moving. But I must have inched forward, because I did make it back. Once I got in the car and started driving on the highway, I was amazed at the force of the wind even on the car. I could hardly believe I had ridden in wind like that.

But as always, once the ride was over, I felt great. Another battle fought, another battle won.

Yesterday was the last day of our first fall session, so now I have a week off. We start up again on November 12. Housecleaning, babysitting Little Granddaughter, an ESO concert and of course lots of exercise are on the agenda. I might even head over to the leisure centre and go swimming a few times.

No comments: