Friday, November 8, 2013

a snowy ride

This morning I decided to take winterized Miranda out for a ride, partly just for fun, but also to get myself ready for riding to work next week. I rode mostly on the trails, but also on one main street and a few residential streets.
I rode on pretty much every type of surface: wet pavement, dry pavement, snow and ice covered pavement. But the most fun part of my ride was when I decided to go off-roading on this completely snow-covered trail:
There were some scary moments when I thought I was going to fall, but I made it all the way without a tumble. And it was a blast!

Now I think I have an inkling of why people like mountain biking so much. The challenge of handling the bike on treacherous ground and the thrill of success are pretty awesome. 

After returning from my ride, I quickly made a batch of brownies and packed up the lasagne I'd made earlier to take to lunch at a friend's house in the city. I parked in my usual spot, stuffed my pannier with the goodies and rode Miranda a couple of kilometers to her house, where four of us enjoyed a tasty meal, good conversation and lots of laughter.

No comments: