Wednesday, October 9, 2013

River Valley in pastels

On Monday morning it was sort of cool and rainy, and I still had a bit of a cold, so I decided to take what seems like the easy way out of the River Valley -- up Victoria Park Road. I don't know if the climb is really any easier than Fortway Drive, but the fact that I can ride on a shared pathway and don't have to worry about cars on my way up gives me some peace of mind. Or something. 

When I reached the path that goes down into the valley, instead of riding right past, I had to stop. The view was so spectacular I felt the need to take a picture. Except. I'd forgotten my camera. So, after a moment of enjoying the sight, I pressed on up the hill. On Tuesday I brought my camera and took the same route. The angle of the sun was not quite the same, making the effects of the light different from Monday (I totally understand what Monet was talking about!), but it was beautiful nevertheless.
from Victoria Park Road

I think I still prefer the Fortway Drive hill, 
but the view is definitely better from Victoria Park.

No comments: