Sunday, September 29, 2013

view from Quesnell Bridge


 On Friday I rode in to our rental house. Looks like we have a new tenant.

I rode Beatrice. 38 km. No flat tire this time. 

On my way down the stairs to the Quesnell Bridge I passed a Asian man with one of those massive cameras, a tripod -- the whole kit and caboodle. After seeing him, I took a closer look at the scene below me. 

It was a gorgeous sunny day and the river was dotted with seagulls bobbing in the current.


I rode up Fox Drive and when I looked at Map My Ride afterwards, I was surprised to see that it counts as two climbs, each with a fairly steep grade. The first climb has a 7% grade.

Fox Drive hill elevation chart

I would never have guessed it is such a steep climb, maybe because it is long and drawn out. Apparently the much shorter Fortway Drive hill has a 10% grade at some point, but that doesn't appear on the Map My Ride elevation map. 

Fortway Drive elevation chart

I love riding up hills and I also love being able to view my accomplishments in chart form! Now I just need to figure out how to time myself on the hills...

No comments: