Thursday, August 29, 2013

shopping with bike

Silver is my grocery-shopping bike. A few times a week I ride her to Safeway or Superstore and load up on fresh fruit, a freshly baked whole wheat baguette and various other items as needed. My panniers and front basket hold a surprising amount of goodies, and I find that slim treats like Lindt chocolate bars fit in the smallest of spaces. Lately I've bought a fair number of said chocolate bars. Superstore has them on sale for $2.50 each. Since the regular price is close to $4, this is very good value indeed, as Paddington Bear would tell us. I love the dark chocolate - 70-75% cocoa -- in its various forms. Also the intense orange, roasted almond, coconut, and sea salt and caramel. The only catch -- to take advantage of this special price you have to buy in multiples of two. What a hardship.

No comments: