Thursday, June 13, 2013

a wet week


This was one of my wetter weeks commuting by bicycle.

Monday -- rain almost all day. I arrived at work wet but happy. The ride home was pretty dry, as evidenced by my mud-spattered but dried-out very dirty bike.I rode on the city streets, as this cuts my commute distance by about 1.5 km.

Tuesday -- light rain. Not bad. I rode through the River Valley, and all was well.

Wednesday - light rain on the way to work. I rode through the city again and confess that I felt quite superior to the people on my left, sitting in their cars, hardly moving through the heavy traffic on 102 Avenue. I felt a little less superior when a tornado warning was issued not long before it was time to leave work. I left my bike behind and begged a ride to my car from one of my students. She was a pretty intrepid driver, forging ahead through hail, blinding rain and lake-like conditions on the roads. The evening was sunny and Hubby drove me in to pick up my bike...

so that I could ride both ways today. In the morning, the path through the River Valley was wet, and this is what I saw as I came down the first hill -- fog. 
It was so beautiful that I had to stop to take a photo. 



After I got to work, I found that Oldest Son had texted me, sending a photo he took as he rode to work -- the fog, as seen from the High Level Bridge.


Today was a great ride in both directions, and as I rode down the 107 Street hill, I was pleased to see two EPS officers riding their bikes on the road... unlike their comrades I saw a couple of weeks ago, riding on the sidewalk on 100 Avenue.

No comments: