Sunday, June 2, 2013

a rainy day

Today it rained almost all day. I took advantage of a break in the clouds to go for a spin on my "girl" bike, Bonnie Blue. I rode to the library to drop off some books,then on to this lovely park, which has two big ponds. 

In recent years they have been almost dry most of the time, but now they are full again -- I guess after a winter of non-stop snow and the recent rain, water is plentiful. I am a total sucker for ponds -- I love the cattails, the ducks and geese, the way the light reflects off the water, the red wing blackbirds...

 
From here I rode to Superstore where I bought our first cherries of the year. They're from California, but no less delicious for that. Looking forward to the B.C. ones, though.

And in preparation for the week's commute, I attached a front fender to Miranda. Hubby did help me a little -- I had trouble removing the front tire, so he lent his strength, and then he showed me how to use the Allen wrench to tighten the bolt. Otherwise, I did it myself and it seems like a mighty fine job. I guess tomorrow I'll find out for sure. I have the Allen wrench tucked into my frame pack, just in case.

No comments: