Monday, June 3, 2013

a friendly face

This morning I saw someone doing the same thing I do: parking and riding. He was starting from the Crestwood neighbourhood, obviously preparing to enter the River Valley trail. I start a few kilometers farther west, but it's definitely the same great idea. It was the first time I've seen him; if it's his first time riding, I hope he had as much fun doing it as I do.

The new fender I attached worked splendidly. Puddles were unavoidable this morning, after yesterday's deluge, and I came through unmarked. It made me happy to watch the water splash off the fender and back onto the path instead of up into my face.

On my way home, at the most lilac-rich section of the shared sidewalk, I spied a woman getting into a red BMW X5 with a big handful of lilac blossoms. Clearly she saw no reason not to avail herself of the free flowers.

And when I came back to the car after work, this friendly face was waiting to greet me, in the nearby park. It sat there in the same position, just looking at me and allowed me to get quite close.
It's a relief to know I don't look particularly threatening.

No comments: