Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Boxer rebellion?


It's 7:30 -- do you know where your boxer is?

This  friendly vagrant (no collar, no visible ID) came running to watch, tail wagging like mad, as I unloaded my bike from the car and got ready to ride this morning. He appeared out of nowhere -- and when I bade him good-bye he trotted off in the same way. 

Yesterday and today were great commutes through the River Valley. Yesterday, the temp went up to 31 degrees! Summer only a week after winter! 
Hard to believe that last Monday it was 0 degrees and snowing.

I saw a coyote standing on the grass as I rode past the Victoria Golf Course.  

Today was cooler and rather windy, but still a fun and invigorating ride. The trails have been swept, so they are free of gravel. A few small mounds of snow remain, but the streams of water running off them assure us that they are on their way out.

No comments: