Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

Just got back from a 50K ride on the new bike and it was great. Last night we made a few adjustments to the seat height and position, and that made all the difference. Today was windy: WSW 30-50 km/hour but I still made good time and I could really feel the speed once I turned east and hit the flat stretches. 

It was our first truly spring-ish day: a high of 15 and a beautiful blue sky with wisps of clouds. 

I inadvertently timed my ride so that my return trip coincided with school buses and parents bringing kids home from school, so traffic was much heavier than usual -- I won't make that mistake again.

All in all, a good ride on a good bike. (I began the day by phoning United Cycle to ask about their return policy on bikes. The customer service girl told me they have a 30-day return policy. I made sure she knew I've been riding the bike, but she said that was OK. So I felt good about giving it one more try before making up my mind. I'm glad I did!)

No comments: